Monday, September 21, 2009

Life as of Lately

Let's see...

School is going well. Only taking four classes, the way I like it. I'm taking:

Social Welfare Policies and Services
Human Behavior in the Social Environment
Philosophies and Religions of India
Race Relations

My policy and philsophy classes are the most challenging. The Philosophy class is my first 400 level course and it's so much reading that I think I'll need glasses by the end of the semester.

I moved onto Market street at the beginning of August. I like being in town because if I'm bored I can walk out of my front door and there is always something to do. Yesterday was the restaurant festival where they shut down Gay street and the restaurants all set up stands and hand out free food. I missed it, though, because it was the Eagles first game, but they only disappointed me.

I've been searching everywhere for a job! The bad economy is affecting me in this aspect because it is really impossible to get hired right now. I know a few other people trying to find jobs who have not had luck for months like me. I've applied at restaurants, salons, rec centers, banks, you name it. I did find a job opportunity on Craigslist but it is in Malvern and thats about twenty-thirty minutes from here so I don't think it'd be worth minimum wage. Sigh..

Although times have been hard recently because of my lack of money/food, I've had a lot of help from friends. My mom has been struggling herself but manages to give me twenty dollars every now and then if I don't have any food left and she got me a meal plan (although its the lowest one) but it does help out to have a free meal every other day or so. Yesterday Kyle gave me a huge box full of canned foods, vegetables, pasta, etc. that will probably last me two to three weeks. I'm learning how to manage my money when it comes to food and only buying things that can be used for multiple meals. So...I can't complain, really.

More to come later, maybe.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I've been relying on the kindness of other for food, too... I feel ya.

Did you ever read "The Lovely Bones" or "Lucky" by Alice Sebold? She's from Malvern. weird.

What is your Human Behavior & the Social Environment class like? It sounds a lot like a lot of classes I've taken.

And when you say that you want your blog to be more appealing, do you mean the appearance? If so, I can help you with that :)