Sunday, December 9, 2007

For One More Day




This is one of my favorite post cards off of post secret. I just found it again and realized I have been taking a lot of days for granted lately.

Tonight the movie For One More Day is coming on. It was a book by Mitch Albom who is my favorite author by far. I loved the book and cried the whole way through it. I remember sitting in one of my 500 study halls senior year reading that book and trying to hide my face because I couldn't stop the tears. If you've never read it and don't want me to spoil it then skip the rest of this paragraph. Its a pretty complicated book but basically, the main character loses his Mom and in return becomes an alcoholic and loses his wife and kids. He gets trashed one night and decides to drive to his home town because he misses his mother. On the way he crashes his car while trying to get off of the exit to his home town. Somehow he walks away without a mark while his car is just a pile of metal. He walks the rest of the way to his house and then sees his mother in the baseball field where he used to play. At this point, I realized he must have been dreaming. He is given one last day to spend with his mother. At the end of the book you find out that he was actually unconscious and still trapped in his car...and that somewhere between life and death he was given the gift of a day with his mom. There are many other twists and turns and it is a great read.

I love this time of year. Christmas and snow just make me so happy. It makes me miss Christine and Liam a lot, though. I think everyone misses someone around the holidays. Another thing is that this will be the first Christmas I spend without a certain someone since EIGHTH GRADE. Its hard to believe and makes me feel really lonely but not because I miss him. I will just miss having someone to love during such a beautiful time of the year. I will miss walking around Media in the snow and dinner dates at Brodeur's or Iron Hill. BUT it's okay, because I will get to see my best friends when I go home and Sammy said she is visiting a lot over break so I know I'll but just fine. :)

No comments: