Saturday, April 26, 2008

Relay For Life

Today was Relay For Life at West Chester. I didn't raise money, or really do much for our team. I was dreading even going to it because I didn't want any reminders. When we got there I made Sammy promise me she wouldn't let me cry and be corny during the luminaria ceremony. Well duh, I cried. And then afterwards, I felt really good. I should've let myself think about Liam all throughout the time I was there, raised money in his name and done more for the team in memory of Liam. Now, I realize that I was a coward for dreading Relay For Life. I should've made the best of it for Liam.

But, life goes on and now I know for the future that I shouldn't desensitize myself towards anything that makes me think of Liam or Christine but just deal with it, go through it and come out stronger.

No comments: