Saturday, May 3, 2008

Betrayal

Tonight I had some of the rudest things said to me ever. I have never felt so unappreciated and betrayed. I was stunned by what the person was saying that I couldn't even speak. I was just so baffled at their stupidity and immaturity that I couldn't even come up with words to say. So I didn't speak. And then he called me,

"A rich white girl from Delaware who hasn't been through shit."

And I LOST IT.

I have never felt so angry, hurt, upset or ready to speak my mind. I am NOT AT ALL rich. I have a Mom who works 18 hours days weekly to put her two daughters into college. Oh, and I definitely would not classify myself who hasn't been through shit. Because I'm white, I live a perfect life free of any stress. NO, that's ridiculous. I just wished I could've shown him those days of my past that still haunt me every day. I wish he could've walked in my Mom's shoes for a day and seen how much she struggles to support herself, my sister and I.

I've never had a friend do this to me before. I've had friends who did things that made me mad or lost friends over stupid things but I've never, ever had someone been so backstabbing and insane. So hurtful and careless about what they were saying.

No comments: