Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thoughts

Thursday and Friday were horrible horrible days for me. How did everything seem to be under control then all of a sudden snowball into this? Friday morning around 3:30am, my friend from work's house caught on fire. She lost her eighteen month old baby boy in the fire. My heart is broken for her. Last week she was telling me how adorable he was at the bowling alley and how he would push the ball down the lane and then chase after it. I can't stop thinking about her and how she must be feeling. His funeral is on Tuesday and I'm going to go with Lex. This will be the third funeral for a child under the age of seven that I've been to in the past five years.

Everyone, please make sure you put smoke alarms in your house, and if you already have them- test the batteries. And please keep my friend in your thoughts. I can't imagine what she is dealing with right this second.

1 comment:

gillian said...

i can't believe this happened!
that is completely tragic... in every sense of the word

man